How do I stop Norton charging my credit card?
If you don't want Norton to renew your subscription, you can stop it by canceling the auto-renewal of your subscription. You can follow the procedure below if you don't know how it works.
- Login in to your Norton Account
- Go to the My Account section; locate the option Cancel Subscription Renewal next to or below the subscriptions; you are willing to cancel the renewal and the charges.
- You need to confirm the cancellation option, to stop auto-renewal
How do I remove my credit card details from Norton?
If you wish to remove the credit card details from Norton, you can do it by visiting your account and also by calling the Norton representative. It is quite a simple procedure. However, if you doubt, how do I remove my credit card details from Norton? Follow the simple steps below.
Remove credit card details from Norton using your computer.
- Firstly sign in to your Norton account.
- Then hover the profile icon and go to the accounts settings
- Click on the billing information and then tap the payment details you wish to remove
- On the payment page, click on the Edit icon
- Then click on the delete payment button at the bottom of the screen
- And then confirm the deletion on the confirmation window
Remove credit card details from Norton on your Mobile device.
- Firstly sign in to your account from the Mobile.
- Click on the hamburger menu on the top right of your mobile screen
- Go to the Manage my subscription button
- On your account page, click on the Billing information
- Select the payment details you wish to delete and then click on the edit icon
- Click on the delete payment option and confirm the deletion
Here are the points you need to consider before you stop your subscription from auto-renewing
- The subscription will continue by the end of the already paid subscription term; after that, it will end and not be renewed automatically.
- Once you cancel the auto-renewal, it takes a few hours for the change to take effect.
- The benefits associated with automatically renewing a subscription might end after you stop the subscription from auto-renewal.
Why is Norton charging to my credit card?
The auto-renewal subscription of Norton charges on your credit card when it is auto-renewed. The auto-renewal subscription allows uninterrupted protection for devices and data against viruses and threats. It extends the Norton product subscriptions automatically for another year when it expires.
If you find the auto-renewal charge, it's because you enrolled in an automatic renewing subscription during the earlier purchase. When you buy Norton products from Norton's online store, you get an option to enroll in an automatically renewing subscription. Once you enroll, your credit card is charged every year as long as you are part of it.
If you wish to cancel it, you can visit your account and the My subscription tab. If you are already charged, contact member service and support at 1-800-745-6034 for a refund.
Can you install Norton without a credit card?
When you purchase it from the Norton store, you buy a recurring subscription that automatically renews. Norton needs your payment information to renew the subscription after the initial term. However, it doesn't mean you will be charged immediately. You are not charged until the subscription term you paid already ends.
After the initially paid subscription ends, you receive a notification email for the upcoming subscription renewal and the price. If you wish to cancel it, you can manage the subscription by visiting Norton.com or contacting Norton member service and support at 1-800-745-6034.