Needed how to reset computer password all you need to do is go through following!
If you have forgotten the computer password or someone has breached in and has set the password which is unknown to you. You want to find the ways through which you can reset the password and if you need to know
how to reset computer password. Go through following to reset the password:
- You need a CD or DVD of respective operating system suppose if you need to recover the password for Windows 7, you need to install the Windows 7 OS CD or Windows 7 system repair disc into the optical drive.
- After inserting the CD, restart your PC or laptop.
- It is to be noted that if you have the OS setup on the flash drive, even that also works.
- Once the system starts booting from the disc or flash drive, select the language on the screen and then, make keyboard choices.
- You need to click on the Repair your computer link.
- Wait until the installation prompts up on your screen.
- Search for the location where you can find the installation. The installation is mostly stored in C or D:
- From the operating system list, you can select Windows 7.
- Click on the Next button.
- The next step that you need to do is choose the Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt, since you need to make computer password unlock,
type the following commands:
- copy d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\
- copy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
- d: \windows\system32\utilman.exe
- You are required to remove the disc or flash drive.
- Restart the computer.
- Close all the windows which are open.
- Click on Restart.
- If the operating system login screen appears, search for the small icon that might be situated on the screen bottom left which appears like a pie with a square.
- Open the command prompt and you can execute the net user command. All you need to do is replace my username with the username that you had set on your computer.
- Now, replace password with the new password set. Login with the new password.
Get an instant Computer password reset process
Go through the above steps to unlock your computer.